On Tuesday night I was lucky enough to be asked attend the annual Blackberry Women & Technology Awards at Grosvenor House Hotel in London.
I was a guest of Maggie Berry, the Director of Women in Technology and the evening was fabulous with a real atmosphere of celebrating top women in an exciting field. There was literally a buzz in the air and I found it inspirational to be amongst such spectacular company.
The night was dedicated to the women in the field, and started right with champagne cocktails and ended with some very respectable dancing to Beverley Knight – albeit I did spy several women still typing on their blackberries whilst the band played! I wanted to just congratulate the winners again and celebrate their accomplishments.
- Best Use of Technology by a Woman within the Corporate Sector – Jayne Opperman
- Best Use of Technology by an Under 30 Year Old Woman – Lisa Ditlefsen
- Best Woman in Technology (Public Sector and Academia) – Lizbeth Goodman
- Best Use of Technology within the Multimedia Industry by a Woman – Beatriz Alonso-Martinez
- Best Company Advancing Women in Technology – BT Group
- Best Use of Technology By a Woman in a SME – Polly Gowers
- Best Female Mentor – Kate Bishop
- Blackberry Outstanding Woman in Technology – Lizbeth Goodman