Now Hiring for Key Biz Dev Role:
Business Development Manager at InclusIQ
(Flexible location but ideally London or Southeast)
The Business Development Manager will be a senior leadership role for the right entrepreneurially motivated person. You’ll play a key role in revenue generation by implementing the InclusIQ Institute’s strategy in the global marketplace. This role proactively generates new business and ensures that requests from prospective clients and partners are dealt with professionally, effectively, and appropriately. Besides being client-facing, this role will interact with our technical developers and other internal staff to develop proposal content, influence program approach/content, and insure effective development and delivery of programs.
Why InclusIQ Institute?
We’re a young company with ambitious growth plans, and are now at the point where hiring the right business development professional will fuel our growth. We have developed a platform for innovative e-simulations that blends live discussion with e-learning to help people practice tough workplace conversations. This is the growth engine for our company, and you will have responsibility with the Founder for growing this offering. Our market ranges from SME’s and membership organisations to corporates in the FTSE500. Our clients want to train their staff/members with innovative manner, but don’t necessarily have the in-house resource to create their own.
What we do:
You might have heard the saying ‘people leave bosses, not jobs’. Too often, great people leave their jobs because they don’t feel valued, understood or that the work they’re doing makes a difference.
At the InclusIQ Institute, we’re developing cutting edge interactive learning games, to help managers handle tricky conversations with colleagues and their teams. Our research and extensive experience has demonstrated that we can make tough conversations, particularly around diversity and inclusion issues, easier for people. Our tools change the way people communicate, one difficult conversation at a time and in so doing, create more honest, transparent and empathetic workplaces. We’ve had high levels of interest in our work from corporate clients and potential re-sellers, and we have plans for rapid growth.
Who We Need:
We need great people to help us build our future. We are looking for someone who is passionate about making a difference in the way people interact with each other.
Ideally you will also be:
- Passionate about social change
- Excited about technology
- A life long learner
- A proactive person with excellent attention to detail
- Happy to work remotely/from home with sales visits across the UK.
- Excellent organisation and communication skills
- Hardworking and self-motivated with an entrepreneurial spirit
- Likely to be based in London or the Home Counties, where most of our clients are based.
- Creating and closing sales.
- Finding sales leads – though you will also be provided leads by founding team.
- Liaising and meeting with potential clients throughout sales process.
- Helping set up replicable sales processes.
- Identify future market opportunities and product ideas.
This list is not exhaustive and the role is likely to change and grow as requirements develop.
The successful candidate will have proven experience with consultative sales and a proven record in closing sales, particularly to the FTSE250 market. They must have entrepreneurial drive and may come from a HR technology company.
- Proven track record in sales.
- Proven track record in maintaining relationships for repeat business.
- Experience in sales pipeline creation and maintenance.
- Experience in proposal and tender writing.
- Extensive contacts in HR/L&D.
Benefits to the Individual:
- This will be a senior and highly influential role with the ability to help shape the future of a young company. You will have great impact by working closely with the Founder in helping set strategy for the organisation, as well as creating the sales process and pipeline virtually from scratch. The role is likely to be supported by a junior colleague’s market research.
- There are no set number of hours the successful candidate needs to work – we are looking for an ambitious individual who wants to dedicate the time necessary, on a schedule that works for them, to grow sales and be rewarded for their efforts.
- The position is largely working from home, with the ability to regularly travel to see clients (often London) and potentially to the head office in Edinburgh.
The role will offer a monthly retainer of £1000 with a 10% uncapped commission on first-year total sales contract, with increases in commission for multi-year contracts. With our projections, this would be an estimated total package of approximately £40,000. This is uncapped meaning the potential for earning is significant. To be discussed further with the right candidate. This is initially a contract role with a view towards a full time role with proven success. Traveling expenses to be negotiated with the successful candidate.
What it’s like to work here:
We want to be the role model for the workplace of the future. We’re looking to build a smart, flexible and ambitious team. We always strive to exceed expectations in everything we do and make a difference in the lives of the people we work with.
How to apply:
If you would like to join the team, send a CV and covering letter telling us why you’d be perfect for the job to Wendy Rundle, Office Manager firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications end of day 2nd March 2015.